- Additional information
What is PVA filament?
PVA stands for polyvinyl alcohol and is a soft and biodegradable polymer that is very sensitive to moisture. When PVA is exposed to water, it dissolves. For that reason, it is perfect as a support material for 3D printing. For complex shapes with, for example, hollow spaces, PVA can be used to fill these cavities. After printing, this filament can be removed very easily by dissolving it in warm water.
dddrop is testing different 3D printing filaments on a daily basis searching for the best quality and a fair price: good value for money. Furthermore, dddrop delivers the best print settings for each type of filament. This will save you an enormous amount of time trying and it also results in a better print quality.
Features dddrop PVA filament:
- Suitable as support material (in combination with PLA, PETG)
- Soluble in water
Specifications PVA filament*
- Diameter: 1.75mm
- Weight: 0.5kg
- Print temperature: 220 – 250°C
- Melt temperature: 163°C
- Storage: cool & dry (15-25°C), away from UV light
- Standard print settings available
- Extruder temperature: 205 °C
- Print bed temperature: 45 °C
* The values are a indication for the print materials, no rights can be derived from this information.