The MakerBot Method X is perfect for engineers making end-use parts, manufacturing tools or functional prototypes. Able to print real, production-grade ABS with a 100°C temperature-controlled build chamber using Stratasys technology, the quality of the parts you get from this machine outstrip those from competitors that use modified ABS material. Parts from the MakerBot Method X are the best you can get at this price point, and they are produced in a fraction of time it takes with traditional techniques. The machine also utilises Stratasys’ SR-30 soluble support material for greater geometry and design freedom. The Method X takes all the best elements of its predecessor and further improves on them, offering engineers best in class accuracy and durability.
- Prints using true, engineering-grade ABS, producing tools that will last, prototypes that are dimension-ally accurate and end-use parts
- Finished parts have a dimensional accuracy of ± 0.2mm
- Twice as fast at printing than its leading competitors
- A 100-degree Celsius heated build chamber is powered by Stratasys technology for exceptional results
- Support for Stratasys SR-30 soluble support, along with PVA support materials
- 21 on board sensors, Wi-Fi and a 5-inch colour touchscreen make this an easy machine to operate and maintain
- Compatible with 25 CAD file types
- Over 300,000 hours of reliability testing have been undertaken
True ABS printing
The MakerBot ABS material used on the Method X can withstand 15°C higher temperatures than modified ABS materials that other desktop 3D printers use. It is also 26% more rigid and up to 12% stronger than those materials. The SR-30 soluble support material, combined with ABS and the 100°C chamber results in strong, complex parts with a superior surface finish.
The improved Method X has many of the same benefits as the original method such as an ultra-rigid metal frame, dual extrudes and dry-sealed material bays. It is compatible with Solid works, Auto desk Fusion 360 and Inventor.